RapidStart CRM – Contacts
One of the core items that you and your users will create and track in RapidStart CRM are the Contacts you work with. These could be existing Contacts related to Companies, existing Contacts not related to Companies, and Prospects that you hope to engage with in the future… any kind of Contact really.
Contacts List View
The List View of Active Contacts will open, which looks similar to a spreadsheet.
- To get to Contacts, in the Sidebar, click on the icon
- There are a few different view filters available with RapidStart CRM, and you can select between them. One in particular to pay attention to is called Prospects. In addition you can set any view as your default.
- The Ribbon, contains various Actions that you can take with regard to Contacts, like adding news one for example. If you select one or more Contacts, by placing a checkmark in the first column, the available Actions will change to those to be performed on the selected Contacts.
- To open a particular Contact record, you can click on the Contact name.
Contact Record Form
The Main Contact Record form, will probably be one of two primary starting points for work you do in RapidStart CRM, the other one being Companies.
- In the Ribbon, you will see actions you can take on this record, like assigning it to someone else for example.
- In addition to Contact information, in the center there is also Company information, including information about the Company that the Contact is related to.
- Most records in RapidStart CRM have a Timeline panel to track activities on that particular record.
- Most records in RapidStart CRM have “Tabs” to move between other areas of the particular record. On the Contact record there are tabs for Addresses, Details, Opportunities, Projects, Cases and Custom Fields.
Add new Contact Directly from a Company Record
You can add new contacts for an existing Company, directly from a Company record by selecting Add New Contact from the All Contacts List
New Contact Rapid Create Form
Throughout RapidStart CRM we have focused on simplicity and speed. When you click on the New Contact button, it brings in the Rapid Create form
- The Rapid Create form slides in from the side, without leaving the record you are currently viewing.
- Some items are auto-populated based on what underlying record you are viewing. You only need to provide the minimal additional data.
- When complete, you can Save the record, which will then immediately appear in the list. Use Save and Create New, to create several records at once.