Rapidstart CRM – Opportunities
A feature of RapidStart CRM is the ability to create and track sales Opportunities for your products or services.
You can get to your Opportunities a couple of different ways.
Opportunities List View
The List View of Active Opportunities will open, which looks similar to a spreadsheet.
- To view all of your Opportunities across all of your Companies and Contacts, click on the icon in the side bar.
- There are a few different view filters available with RapidStart CRM, and you can select between them. In addition you can set any view as your default.
- The Ribbon, contains various Actions that you can take with regard to existing Opportunities, like Converting them to Projects for example. If you select one or more Opportunities, by placing a checkmark in the first column, the available Actions will change to those to be performed on the selected Opportunities.
- To open a particular Opportunity record, you can click on the Subject name.
Opportunity Record Form
The Opportunity Record form, will where you will work on the most important part of any business… getting new business!
- In the Ribbon, you will see actions you can take on this record, like assigning it to someone else, or converting the Opportunity to a Project, for example.
- In addition to Company and Contact information, in the center there is also an Opportunity Summary panel, for tracking the progress of an Opportunity.
- Most records in RapidStart CRM have a Timeline panel to track activities on that particular record.
- Most records in RapidStart CRM have “Tabs” to move between other areas of the particular record. On the Opportunity record there are tabs for Opportunity Details and Custom Fields.
- When looking at an Opportunity record, you can Convert the Opportunity to a Project at any time by clicking on the Convert to Project Action. During the conversion, a new Project record will be created and linked to the Company and Contact records.
- The Opportunity record includes an Opportunity Sales Process Flow, to guide your users through the steps of advancing this Opportunity to a successful close.
Creating New Opportunities
You create new Opportunities from either a Company or Contact record. This is also where you would see Opportunities related to a particular Company or Contact. To get there, open any Company or Contact record and click on the Opportunities Tab.
A Contact Record is shown here, but the steps are identical from a Company record.
- From a Contact or Company record, select the Opportunities Tab to display the list view of related Opportunities.
- The Opportunities list shows the Opportunities that are related to either the Contact, or if looking at this view from a Company Record, it shows all Opportunities related to all Contacts with that Company. To open a particular Opportunity record, you can click on the Subject name.
- To create a new Opportunity, click on the New Opportunity button.
New Opportunity Rapid Create Form
Throughout RapidStart CRM we have focused on simplicity and speed. When you click on the New Opportunity button, it brings in the Rapid Create form
- The Rapid Create form slides in from the side, without leaving the record you are currently viewing.
- Some items are auto-populated based on what underlying record you are viewing. You only need to provide the minimal additional data.
- When complete, you can Save the record, which will then immediately appear in the list. Use Save and Create New, to create several records at once.