Rapidstart CRM – Project Time
A feature of RapidStart CRM is the ability to enter Project Time for your Project Tasks. Project Time is added at the Project Task Level.
Project Time is recorded as a two decimal number for flexibility. You should decide what unit of measure you are going to track your Time by: Minutes, Hours, Days, etc. Then use that Unit consistently. For example, if you decide you want to track by Hours, then always input in Hours, and in decimal format, so 1-1/2 Hours would be 1.50, etc.
You can get to your Project Time a couple of different ways.
Project Time List View
The List View of Active Project Time will open, which looks similar to a spreadsheet.
- To view all of your Project Time across all of your Projects, click the icon in the side bar.
- There are a few different view filters available with RapidStart CRM, and you can select between them. In addition you can set any view as your default.
- The Ribbon, contains various Actions that you can take with regard to existing Project Time records, like exporting them to Excel for example. If you select one or more Project Time records, by placing a checkmark in the first column, the available Actions will change to those to be performed on the selected Project Time records, like Assigning or Deactivating for example.
- To open a particular Project Time record, you can click on the Item.
Project Time Record Form
The Project Time Record form, is a pretty simple form to enter Project Task related Time.
- In the Ribbon, you will see actions you can take on this record, like deleting it, or Deactivating it, for example.
- Like most records, there are direct links in the header back to the parent record(s).
- When Creating a new Time entry (see below) this information will be automatically captured.
- For the Project Time, we are only collecting two pieces of information, a Task Description that you can use as you wish, and the number of hours spent.
Creating New Project Time Records
You create new Project Time records from a Project Task, which you can open from either the sidebar or a Company or Contact record. This is also where you would see Project Time related to a particular Project. To get there, open any Company or Contact record and then click on the Projects Tab, select a Project and then click on the Tasks Tab for the Project, then click on the Time Tab.
- From a Project Task record, select the Time Tab to display the list view of related Project Time.
- The Project Time list shows the Project Time records that are related to the Project Task. To open a particular Project Time record, you can click on the Item.
- To create a new Project Time record, click on the New Project Time button.
New Project Time Rapid Create Form
Throughout RapidStart CRM we have focused on simplicity and speed. When you click on the New Project Time button, it brings in the Rapid Create form
- The Rapid Create form slides in from the side, without leaving the record you are currently viewing.
- Some items are auto-populated based on what underlying record you are viewing. You only need to provide the minimal additional data.
- When complete, you can Save the record, which will then immediately appear in the list. Use Save and Create New, to create several records at once.
*Pro Feature at additional Cost