Rapidstart CRM – Projects
A feature of RapidStart CRM is the ability to create and track Projects for the delivery of your services. You can create simple single-level Projects, or you can break larger Projects down into Project Tasks, like mini-projects. You can also track Time and Expenses for your Projects.
You can get to your Projects a couple of different ways.
Projects List View
The List View of Active Projects will open, which looks similar to a spreadsheet.
- To view all of your Projects across all of your Companies and Contacts, click on the icon in the side bar.
- There are a few different view filters available with RapidStart CRM, and you can select between them. In addition you can set any view as your default.
- The Ribbon, contains various Actions that you can take with regard to existing Projects, like exporting them to Excel for example. If you select one or more Projects, by placing a checkmark in the first column, the available Actions will change to those to be performed on the selected Projects, like Assigning or Deactivating for example.
- To open a particular Project record, you can click on the Project Name.
Project Record Form
The Project Record form, is will where you will work to deliver a project you are working on for a Customers.
- In the Ribbon, you will see actions you can take on this record, like assigning it to someone else, or Deactivating it, for example.
- In addition to Company and Contact information, in the center there is also a Project Description Panel, for a general description of the Project.
- Most records in RapidStart CRM have a Timeline panel to track activities on that particular record.
- Most records in RapidStart CRM have “Tabs” to move between other areas of the particular record. On the Project record there are additional tabs for Details, Tasks, Schedule, Expenses and Custom Fields.
- The Project record includes a Project Process Flow, to guide your users through the steps of successfully completing a Project.
Creating New Projects
You create new Projects from either a Company or Contact record. This is also where you would see Projects related to a particular Company or Contact. To get there, open any Company or Contact record and click on the Projects Tab.
A Contact Record is shown here, but the steps are identical from a Company record.
- From a Contact or Company record, select the Projects Tab to display the list view of related Projects.
- The Project list shows the Projects that are related to either the Contact, or if looking at this view from a Company Record, it shows all Projects related to all Contacts with that Company. To open a particular Project record, you can click on the Project Name.
- To create a new Project, click on the New Project button.
New Project Rapid Create Form
Throughout RapidStart CRM we have focused on simplicity and speed. When you click on the New Project button, it brings in the Rapid Create form
- The Rapid Create form slides in from the side, without leaving the record you are currently viewing.
- Some items are auto-populated based on what underlying record you are viewing. You only need to provide the minimal additional data.
- When complete, you can Save the record, which will then immediately appear in the list. Use Save and Create New, to create several records at once.
On the Project Record Form, there is a tab called details, with a few things you should know about, including some items that are automatically calculated.
- Click “Details” to open the Details Tab
- On the Project Details Panel, you can create a Start and End Date. The Average Percentage of Completion is calculated from Project Tasks.
- On the Expenses Panel, you can enter a Budget amount. The Actual and Remaining amounts are automatically calculated from Expenses.
- On the Time Panel, all of this information is automatically calculated from Time and the Project Tasks