RapidStart CRM – Prospects
As you go about your business you will be continually meeting new people, or they will be finding you, either way, at this stage they are not someone you do business with… yet. Some solutions complicate this need; in RapidStart CRM we wanted to make it simpler. A Prospect in RapidStart CRM is really just a Contact, at a different stage of engagement with you. You will find Prospects in the Contacts area, but there are some unique differences.
Prospects List View
The List View of Active Contacts will open, which looks similar to a spreadsheet.
- To get to Prospects, in the Sidebar, click on the icon
- To see your Prospects, simply select the view called Prospects. If a user mostly works on Prospects, they can set this view as their default.
- The Ribbon, contains various Actions that you can take with regard to Prospects, like adding new ones for example. If you select one or more Prospects, by placing a checkmark in the first column, the available Actions will change to those to be performed on the selected Prospects.
- To open a particular Prospect’s record, you can click on the Prospect’s name.
Prospect Record Form
The Prospect Record form, looks a little different than the Main Contact Record form, for one thing, it contains a Prospect Process Flow.
- In the Ribbon, you will see actions you can take on this record, like assigning it to someone else, or converting the Prospect to a Normal Contact, for example.
- In addition to Contact information, in the center there is also a Company Information panel, unlike the Normal Contact, here it is not linked to a Company record yet.
- Most records in RapidStart CRM have a Timeline panel to track activities on that particular record.
- Most records in RapidStart CRM have “Tabs” to move between other areas of the particular record. On the Prospect record there are tabs for Addresses, Details and Custom Fields. When you Convert a Prospect to a Normal Contact, all of this information remains.
- When looking at a Prospect record, you can Convert the Prospect to a Normal Contact at any time by clicking on the Convert Prospect Action. During the conversion, a new Company record will be created with the included Company Information, and the two records will be linked.
- The Prospect record includes a Prospect Process Flow, to guide your users through the steps of advancing this Prospect, to hopefully become a Regular Contact at some point.