RapidStartPROJECT – Project Expenses
A feature of RapidStartPROJECT is the ability to enter Project Expenses for your Projects. Project Expenses are added at the Project Level.
You can get to your Project Expenses a couple of different ways.
Project Expenses List View
The List View of Active Project Expenses will open, which looks similar to a spreadsheet.
- To view all of your Project Expenses across all of your Projects icon in the side bar.
- There are a few different view filters available with RapidStart Project, and you can select between them. In addition you can set any view as your default.
- The Ribbon, contains various Actions that you can take with regard to existing Project Expenses, like exporting them to Excel for example. If you select one or more Project Expenses, by placing a checkmark in the first column, the available Actions will change to those to be performed on the selected Project Expenses, like Assigning or Deactivating for example.
- To open a particular Project Expense record, you can click on the Item name.
Project Expense Record Form
The Project Expense Record form, is a pretty simple form to enter Project related Expenses.
- In the Ribbon, you will see actions you can take on this record, like assigning it to someone else, or Deactivating it, for example.
- Like most records, there are direct links in the header back to the parent record.
- For the expense item, we are only collecting three pieces of information, a Subject and Description that you can use as you wish, and a dollar amount.
Creating New Project Expenses
You create new Project Expenses from a Project Record, which you can open from either the sidebar or an Account or Contact record. This is also where you would see Project Expenses related to a particular Project. To get there, open any Company or Contact record and then click on the Projects Tab, select a Project and then click on the Expenses Tab for the Project.
- From a Project record, select the Project Expenses Tab to display the list view of related Project Expenses.
- The Project Expense list shows the Project Expenses that are related to the Project. To open a particular Project Expense record, you can click on the Subject.
- To create a new Project Expense, click on the New Project Expense button.
New Project Expense Rapid Create Form
Throughout RapidStart Project we have focused on simplicity, consistency and speed. When you click on the New Project Expense button, it brings in the Rapid Create form
- The Project Expense Quick Create form slides in from the side, without leaving the record you are currently viewing.
- Some items are auto-populated based on what underlying record you are viewing. You only need to provide the minimal additional data.
- When complete, you can Save the record, which will then immediately appear in the Project Expense list. Use Save and Create New, to create several project expenses at once for this Project.