RapidStartPROJECT – Task Time
A feature of RapidStartPROJECT is the ability to enter Task Time for your Project Tasks. Task Time is added at the Project Task Level.
Task Time is recorded as a two decimal number for flexibility. You should decide what unit of measure you are going to track your Time by: Minutes, Hours, Days, etc., then use that Unit consistently. For example, if you decide you want to track by Hours, then always input in Hours, and in decimal format, so 1-1/2 Hours would be 1.50, etc.
You can get to your Task Time a couple of different ways.
Task Time List View
The List View of Active Task Time entries will open, which looks similar to a spreadsheet.
- To view all of your Task Time across all of your Project Tasks, click the icon in the side bar.
- There are a few different view filters available with RapidStartPROJECT, and you can select between them. In addition you can set any view as your default.
- The Ribbon, contains various Actions that you can take with regard to existing Task Time records, like exporting them to Excel for example. If you select one or more Task Time records, by placing a checkmark in the first column, the available Actions will change to those to be performed on the selected Task Time records, like Assigning or Deactivating for example.
- To open a particular Task Time record, you can click on the Item.
Task Time Record Form
The Task Time Record form, is a pretty simple form to enter Task related Time.
- In the Ribbon, you will see actions you can take on this record, like deleting it, or Deactivating it, for example.
- Like most records, there are direct links in the header back to the parent record(s).
- For the Task Time, we are only collecting two pieces of information, a Task Description that you can use as you wish, and the number of time units spent.
Creating New Task Time Records
You create new Task Time records from a Project Task, which you can open from either the sidebar or a Project record. This is also where you would see Project Time related to a particular Project. To get there, open any Account or Contact record and then click on the Projects Tab, select a Project and then click on the Project Tasks Tab for the Project, then click on the Task Time Tab.
- From a Project Task record, select the Task Time Tab to display the list view of related Project Time.
- The Task Time list shows the Task Time records that are related to the Project Task. To open a particular Task Time record, you can click on the Item.
- To create a new Task Time record, click on the New Project Time button.
New Project Time Rapid Create Form
Throughout RapidStart Project we have focused on simplicity, consistency and speed. When you click on the New Project Time button, it brings in the Rapid Create form
- The Task Time Quick Create form slides in from the side, without leaving the record you are currently viewing.
- Some items are auto-populated based on what underlying record you are viewing. You only need to provide the minimal additional data.
- When complete, you can Save the record, which will then immediately appear in the Task Time list. Use Save and Create New, to create several Task Time entries at once for this Project Task.