While RapidStartCRM Apps, Dynamics 365 and Power Apps all offer you several options for categorizing records, like picklists, etc. these are not “dynamic”. Several customers had asked us for a more “free-form” way of associating records.
RapidStart Hashtags works the same way you identify and classify items on Twitter or LinkedIn, for example: “#interesting”
How to use RapidStartCRM Hashtags
First, you should understand the difference in the categorization methods. The below example is an Account record opened to the Details tab (this is showing the Original RapidStartCRM, but Hashtags work the same for all our our App forms).
- Many records have fields for structured categorization, like the picklist fields above.
- These would be used for specific filtering of data by specific structure.
- Adding the Hashtags section to your forms, we offer an additional, “unstructured” categorization capability.
- This record was previously hashtagged with #fastgrowth, and #gogetter
- You can add more hashtags by typing here.
Contacts, Companies, and most of the Custom forms throughout our Apps have this Hashtags section.
Hashtags are an “Unstructured” way to categorize your data. Once you start hashtagging records, it creates some interesting information that you can access on the Hashtags Dashboard.
- To get the the HashTags dashboard, select Dashboards in the sidebar
- Select the HashTags Dashboard
- A Tag Cloud of the most popular hashtags that are in use by your organization. There are a couple of additional charts below that
- This is a complete list of every record that has been hashtagged, which can can grow quite large over time.
- Using the search box, you can filter down to only records that have been tagged with what you are looking for.
- In this case we searched for #gogetter, which filtered the above list.
- The first column is a direct link to the hashtagged record.
- This column indicates what kind of record it is.
- This column shows who hashtagged it with this hashtag.